A thermostat is an important feature in every home. Not only does the thermostat control the heating and cooling, but it also plays a factor in the aesthetics of your home, and your energy bills. If your thermostat isn’t working properly, or if you are merely interested in upgrading to a nicer or more advanced model, TAM A/C & Heating can help you today! Just give us a call at 281-599-7878 for thermostat services in Katy, TX and the Houston area.
How to Choose a Thermostat
There are several different variables to consider when you are choosing a new thermostat, aside from features. First we need to determine the type of system your new thermostat needs to be compatible with. Most homes operate under the following guidelines, but some have unique systems, and one of our technicians would be happy to help you determine the options for unique systems.
- 1 Stage: Systems that have separate heating and air units
- 2 Stage or Multi-stage heat or cool: Systems that incorporate high and low speeds
- Direct Line Voltage: systems that utilize 110 or 240 direct current power source for the thermostat (typically found in older homes)
- 24mV: Systems with a fireplace, floor, or wall furnace
- Zone HVAC: Systems where heating and cooling are individually controlled in different areas, but from the same HVAC system
When you have determined what kind of system you require, there are many different kinds of thermostat units for you to consider. Some of them are very advanced, and can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet, even when you aren’t home, and others, while simpler, still have programmable settings that you can utilize to lower your energy usage, and of course lower your energy bills!
If it isn’t time for an upgrade, TAM A/C & Heating specializes in air conditioning repairs, including thermostats! We offer 24 hour emergency service, and can have a technician examine your thermostat and discuss the best options for your situation.
Call TAM A/C & Heating today for all of your repair needs in Katy, TX and Houston, TX at 281-599-7878!